Sex Steroid Hormones and Their Effects in the Body
The following is a brief outline of the functions that different hormones provide in the body.
As you can see they all work with similar interactions and can result in similar symptoms if out of balance.
- Helps maintain a powerful immune system
- Involved in the making of protein in muscle formation
- Reduces inflammation
- Improves mood and reduces depression
- Increases energy and physical strength
- Restores libido and the ability to orgasm
- Aids in mental concentration and conigition/protects against Alzheimers
- Helps control blood sugars
- Helps regulate cholesterol
- Helps strengthen bone
- Reduces the risk of age related diseases e.g. Heart Disease, (artherosclerosis - hardening of the arteries) Osteoporosis, Diabetes
Read more about MALE TESTOSTERONE
- Is touted as the hormone of youth peaks at approx 25 years and declines at 2% per annum
- Precursor to Testosterone so can enhance libido, muscle strength - helps the body repair itself and maintain tissues
- Decreases allergic reactions
- Can increase and enhance energy levels and well-being
- Reduces the risk of age related diseases e.g. heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, cancer, Alzheimer's, Lupus and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- May increase life expectancy
- Decreases cholesterol and formation of fatty deposits
- Prevents bloodclots
- Reduces aches and pains of Fibromyalgia, SLE( Lupus) and inflammatory conditions
- Useful in cases of Adrenal Gland Exhaustion and Chronic Fatigue syndrome (supports your immune system)
- Protects against the effects of stress
- May increase bone density & reduce joint soreness
- Aids weight loss and healing of burns
- Relieves dry skin and dry eyes
- Improves memory and mental acuity
- Help you to deal with stress
Ref: Ahlgrimm Maria and Kells John M - The HRT Solution
Cabot Sandra Dr: Hormone Replacement the Real truth
CAN WE HELP YOU?
Call us on Tauranga 07 543 4999
- Initial Consultation (takes 1 hour)
- Your issues / symptoms
- How natural hormones (DHEA/Testosterone) works
- Individualised treatment plan and recommendations for nutritional supplements
- Recommendations plus correspondence with your GP
- Start using recommended Hormone Regime
- Repeat applicable blood test 3 months after starting DHEA caps or Testosterone cream with appointment to check progress. (approximately 30 minutes).
This may include balancing other hormones like Thyroid depending on your current symptoms.
Your GP is kept informed of progress.
We are here to support you to create hormonal balance - naturally
- Telephone Consult Pack
- Initial Consultation $149.50
- Follow Up Consultations $ 74.75
Prior to an appointment you will need to complete a questionnaire and return it to us. Also we will forward a blood test form requesting the following tests:
DHEA-S, PSA, FREE TESTOSTERONE, CORTISOL, TSH, T3, T4, Thyroid anti-bodies.
Telephone Consultations are available for areas out of town.
Receptionist available for enquiries and salivary level tests between 9.00 - 4.30pm